- One cup butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp almond extract or 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1-2 cups pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix butter with sugar until very light and fluffy.
- Add salt, extract, flour, nuts and mix well.
- Chill until dough is easy to handle.
- Shape into crescents.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until light brown, 12-15 minutes.
- While the cookies are warm, dust with confectioner’s sugar.
“I thought you said you didn’t like these cookies>”
“No, I never said I don’t like these cookies. They’re just my least favorite cookie you bake.”
Least favorite means I like the other cookies you bake better than this one. But the damage to our relationship was already done. My penance was being limited to one cookie. One. Cookie. Ouch!
Note the last two lines on the recipe card. Yes, these cookies are much better with chocolate. (and the picture of the cookie is for the reader who complained once about not enough food pictures).