- One package unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup strawberries, crushed
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream whipped
- 1 drop red food coloring
- In a sauce pan soften the gelatin in water.
- Stir over low heat until the gelatin dissolves.
- Crush strawberries, stir into the gelatin mixture.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add sugar. Fold in strawberry mixture.
- Whip cream. Fold into the strawberry mixture. Add one drop of red food coloring.
- Pour into individual molds or bowls.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and chill for four hours.
- Serves 6-8.
“I’m going to make something light for dessert.”
“Strawberry Mousse and Forgotten Cookies.”
“You forgot what?”
“No, I’m also making cookies to go with the mousse.”
I crushed the strawberries with a potato masher. You don’t want puree. Leave some chunks. Serve with Forgotten Cookies. You’ll see.
Another recipe saved from its original pen and paper format. One down and several thousand more to go.