“Why do I always make the dessert?”
“Because you make wonderful desserts and our dinner parties would not be the same without one of your desserts.”
This cookie recipe is a recipe Grandma Beverly used to make. I don’t remember The Boss ever making this cookie. When the offspring were young there were always homemade cookies in the house. Still I’m pretty sure I never had this cookie. Until yesterday. I was forced to sample one before dinner. All I said was
“These things are dangerous!”
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add dash of salt to the egg whites.
- Beat egg whites until fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until stiff. Add a few drops of vanilla.
- Fold in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop by the spoonful onto the cookie sheet.
- Turn oven off and leave the cookies in the oven for a minimum of three hours or overnight.
- Makes about 30 cookies.
I learned the “forgotten” part of the cookie description is when you put the cookie sheet into the oven then turn the oven off. Set it and forget it.