This past Holiday season was the roughest in recent memory. I ate everything in sight. I binged on bagels every day for nearly a week. The cookies, cakes, and pies found their way into my mouth. The sheer quantity of food was my downfall. I put on the pounds and topped the scale at 202 pounds. Time to get back to my normal routine. I’m getting back to my usual habit of eating only when hungry. Avoid sweets. Shrink portions.Journal entry 10 Years Ago
I was searching my journal on a different topic and found something I wrote 10 years ago. Back then despite eating healthy foods I continued to struggle with my weight. It was the Holiday season. I binged. Then I binged some more. Thankfully I’ve learned a lot since then like how diets really work. Source: Dr. Anthony Pearson.
In my last post Trouble in Paradise (it’s Weight Gain Season) I posted this picture of our dessert board on Turkey Day. It’s how I gained three pounds in three days. The cheese and crackers didn’t help. Nor did #10 twice.
Update and Threat Assessment
- The three pounds gained were lost but it took two weeks.
- I removed the beer from the house which was purchased for entertaining company.
- Yes, I drank the beer.
- M&M’s spelled correctly is TROUBLE.
- Two pieces of pumpkin pie are in the freezer. This is OK because pumpkin is a vegetable (botanically a fruit so still OK).
- Ice cream, normally not in the house but it is and calls my name every night.
The Boss came back from a cookie exchange with the neighbors with several dozen dangerous tiny bites.
Threat Level 4 Red.
One Reply to “Trouble in Paradise – Update and Threat Assessment 12.08.22”