I took the time to write this down because I know someone will ask for the recipe.
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cups 2% milk
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and stir frequently, breaking up any tiny lumps.
- Add the milk and half and half one cup at a time. Keep whisking or stirring until smooth.
- Add the cheese and cook, stirring constantly until you start to see bubbles on the sides of the pan. When you see bubbles, turn the heat to low.
- Simmer stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens. Turn the heat off and allow to sit until needed.
What You’ll Use This Sauce For
- It’s what will make your Baked Penne with Two Sauces pink, half Bechamel and half red sauce.
- Instead of a layer of ragu or cheese, use as a layer in your lasagna. Don’t tell anyone you did this. Keep your guests guessing on why YOUR lasagna tastes so good.
- A great start for mac and cheese. Add a lot more cheese please.
- A pizza or bread-stick dipping sauce.
I guess I should update my Baked Penne recipe.