3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 sticks butter
4 large eggs
3 cups sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease and flour a bundt pan. Preheat oven to 325°.
- Mix buttermilk and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter, sugar, and salt.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each egg.
- Add half the buttermilk mixture and mix well.
- Add half of the flour and mix well.
- Add remaining buttermilk mixture and mix well.
- Add remaining flour and mix well.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour batter into your greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 325° for one hour and 20 minutes. Due to oven and atmospheric variations, check the cake after one hour and 10 minutes.
“Why do I always have to make dessert?”
“Because you are an excellent baker and all of your desserts taste wonderful.”
“Why don’t the neighbors ask you to make appetizers instead?”
“Because your desserts are better than my appetizers.”
Sometimes it takes time to decide what to make for a neighborly get together. Pound cake sounded good so we dug out this old recipe from the box. Our first house was located on a cul-de-sac. It was and still is a great spot to raise a young family. A young family of four lived across the street and Rhonda was the source of this recipe. I’ve not changed the ingredients but the instructions have been somewhat modified.
Don’t forget the strawberries and whipped cream.