I always wondered how they make lentils in Spain. So I went You Tubing.
Then my mind wandered and thought “I wonder if this chef has a website?”
Of course he does. https://spainonafork.com/classic-spanish-lentil-stew-recipe/
And since I’m feeling lazy today (while giving credit where credit is due) check out either the video or website for ingredients and instructions for the Classic Spanish Lentil Stew, known in Spain as Lentejas.
- no red pepper because I didn’t have one in the fridge
- only two cloves of garlic plus granulated garlic to taste
- 1/2 cup canned stewed tomatoes instead of tomato sauce (adds sweetness)
- 2 carrots instead of one (because I like carrots)
- 2 bay leaves instead of one
- One quart organic vegetable stock instead of five cups (thicker stew, less soupy)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika and 1/2 tsp regular sweet paprika (watch that smokey paprika because it can be quite strong and overpowering)
- no added salt
This is an excellent recipe if you are gradually adding vegan dishes into your diet.
The Boss liked it.