“How did you make this?”
When this question is asked at the table I tend to ramble on about the types of oils and other ingredients in the dish. Over time I’ve come to understand that our guests don’t want to know what’s in the dish but rather how did I make this?
It’s a clear sign I need to write it down. So I did.
- two medium to large zucchini, sliced into one half inch coins
- half one large red pepper, diced
- one third sweet onion, diced
- one cup frozen corn
- one clove garlic, minced
- grape seed oil
- extra virgin olive oil
- pinch dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat approximately one tablespoon of grape seed and olive oils over medium heat in a frying pan large enough to hold the squash without overlapping.
- Add the squash coins, flip the heat to high and fry until the squash is golden brown and caramelized.
- Flip the squash and repeat.
- When both sides of the squash are browned and caramelized remove from the pan, place into a bowl and set aside.
- Reduce heat back to medium, add a few dashes of EVO, onions, and red pepper. Saute for about five minutes.
- Add the corn and saute for another five minutes.
- Add garlic and swiftly saute for about a minute.
- Add the reserved squash back to the pan, pinch of basil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently mix together and remove from the heat.
- Serve immediately or if allowed to fully cool, rewarm over low heat for a few minutes taking care not to overcook the squash.
This recipe is NOT Tiny Taste Tester Approved.