I love Ree Drummond. Never met her. Never mind the fact I’m married. I love Ree Drummond. I love Ree because every recipe of hers I’ve tried is awesome. This Greek Salad recipe is all Ree. It is reproduced in its awesome entirity and I’ve given credit to this Goddess via the link below.
We had the usual gang over for pizza one night. Everyone asks “What can I bring?”. So for one of our couple friends we said “Salad”.
They brought this salad over to have with pizza.
Since that fateful day, we’ve made this salad several times. One time we put chicken on top of it. Dinner. Done. Delicious.
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce, Chopped
- 4 whole Ripe Tomatoes, Cut Into Six Wedges Each, Then Each Wedge Cut In Half
- 1 whole (large) Cucumber, Peeled, Cut Into Fourths Lengthwise, And Diced Into Large Chunks
- ½ whole Red Onion, Sliced Very Thin
- 30 whole Pitted Kalamata Olives, Cut In Half Lengthwise
- 6 ounces, weight Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Fresh Parsley, Roughly Chopped
- ¼ cups Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sugar (more To Taste)
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced
- 6 whole Kalamata Olives (extra), Chopped Fine
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 whole Lemon, For Squeezing
Add chopped lettuce, tomato wedges, cucumber chunks, onion
slices, halved Kalamata olives, half the feta, and parsley to a large
Combine olive oil, vinegar, sugar, garlic, salt, pepper, and chopped
olives in a bowl. Whisk together until combined. Taste and adjust
seasonings (I almost always add a little sugar.)
Pour dressing over salad ingredients, then add salt and pepper. Toss
with tongs or clean hands. Just before serving, top with additional feta
and squeeze a little lemon juice over the top.